Why talk to a financial counselor?
Everyone has an opinion when it comes to finances although getting the right financial advice for your specific needs is crucial in avoiding costly mistakes which can cost you time and money. Professional assistance really does make a difference in understanding what is achievable based on your circumstances and what must be done to realize your financial goals.
How can financial advice help you?
Receive reliable information from experienced professionals to help you resolve your money problems:
- Get assistance with financial issues or crisis
- Learn about and receive any government assistance you're eligible for
- Create financial goals with milestones
- Understand how to make the most of your money
- Gain strong financial habits and control of your money
- Learn to avoid costly mistakes
Financial counselors are unbiased and provide a free, confidential and independent service. They deal with a range of financial issues on a daily basis and have strong relationships with local and national support programs to help aid you in resolving money problems.
Assistance programs can include:
- Budget counseling, credit counseling
- Debt counseling and management
- Local area referral services (financial, legal, personal, gambling, etc)
- Bankruptcy assistance
- Housing assistance
- Government benefits, grants and loans
Financial counselors are there to help you. They are non-profit organizations that have your best interests in mind. If you are experiencing financial difficulties don’t delay in contacting a financial counselor as soon as possible. They will take the time to listen to you, evaluate your situation and provide you with the help you need to get through your money problems.
Below is a list of some of the most trusted non-profit Financial Counseling services.
National Foundation for Credit Counseling – they are the largest financial counseling organization in the US with over 600 offices throughout all 50 states.
Credit.org – Is the website for Springboard, a non-profit that focuses on assisting Americans with credit counseling, debt management, financial planning long with other areas of counseling assistance.
Military One Source – Is a program funded by the Department of Defense and provides a range of free financial services for active duty, National Guard, reserve members and their families.